Thursday, February 16, 2017

My Favorite Novel for a Shot of Inspiration



Off the Shelf
 
By Jason Rekulak    |   Wednesday, February 15, 2017
My job sends me to a lot of comic book conventions, so I’ve spent many hours in a 10x10 booth chatting with science fiction, fantasy, and horror enthusiasts. Whenever someone raises the subject of “favorite author,” my Comic-Con friends are usually surprised by my answer: Anne Tyler, author of so-called “family novels” and “marriage novels” like DINNER AT THE HOMESICK RESTAURANT, BREATHING LESSONS, and A SPOOL OF BLUE THREAD. She’s my go-to writer any time I need a shot of inspiration; I’ll just open any of her books and start reading, and within 30 minutes I am fully recharged. There’s something about her style and voice that I find irresistible. READ MORE

  

No comments: